Understand your energy bills
Get a copy of your energy bills
Your common property will have one or more meters servicing different areas or equipment. You receive an electricity or gas bill for each meter.
A large number of schemes allow their strata manger to automatically pay utility bills without sighting them and approving payment.
Now is the time to stop that practice. You may still allow them to be paid automatically, but you need to see all pages of all utility bills in order to:
- audit you usage and monitor your progress
- ensure you’re paying on actual rather than estimated readings
- ensure you’re on the best possible tariff
- see if you’re paying any penalties or surcharges
- identify any seasonal variations
- identify abnormalities or problems