- 38 storey Sydney CBD residential building
- 267 apartments
- 25-meter heated indoor pool
- heated spa
- gym & sauna
- indoor squash court
- golf driving-range
- table tennis and pool table
- BBQ facilities
- seating on the large outdoor podium with seating
- multi-function amenities room for meetings
Water can be considered another form of energy, especially considering the pumping of mains water to buildings and then up and down high-rise apartment buildings. Reducing water wastage by fixing leaks and replacing inefficient fittings saves a lost of energy and money, as demonstrated by Mirimar's experience.
A water efficiency audit by Sydney Water identified the greatest potential for water savings was in the individual apartments.
A number of apartments had major water leaks and most tap fittings and showerheads were inefficient.
Sydney Water’s WaterFix® service was undertaken in all apartments. Once complete the savings achieved were:
- 58kL/day, a 21% drop in historic water use
- $49,000 a year on cold water savings
- 27 kL/day in hot water, with related electricity and gas savings
- $15,000 a year on energy savings on water efficiency alone
- 36 tonnes of CO2 a year in energy savings from reduced hot water use
- Cost: approx $7,000
- Payback period: less than 2 months