- 91 residential units
- 8 commercial units
- opened 2008
- swimming pool
- bike room
- 2 common garden areas
Signature Apartments takes every opportunity to engage residents and owners to take pride in and participate in the management of the complex.
A resident who had been living in Signature Apartments for 2 years was concerned that he didn’t even know his next door neighbour and had made very few friends in the building. In April 2010 he started a facebook site - initially as a means of providing residents an opportunity to get to know each other and foster conversations.
It is promoted to residents as a way to:
- get to know other neighbours and form friendships in the building
- recycle or sell any unwanted furniture, clothing, unwanted tickets to a show, etc among the members (why travel and advertise when there may be interested people within the building)
- advertise their businesses
- inform others about the latest events in Redfern, surrounding areas or in the building.
- post ideas on how to save on energy, home decor tips and recommendations on plumbers, electricians etc.
The site is now starting to take on a life of its own and has been used by the executive committee to communicate and toss around ideas with other owners and residents; by people selling furniture and white goods; by others wishing to borrow household items for brief periods; and to let residents know of interesting events and restaurants in the area.