- built in 2002/3
- 11 levels of residential apartments (88 apartments)
- 3 levels of commercial office/retail suites (14 suites)
- 4 levels basement car parking
- meeting room and gymnasium
- two residential lifts run from the basement levels
- one commercial lift runs for four levels
- central solar hot water to individual units
- water cooled air conditioning tower services apartments
Power Factor Correction units are valuable equpment additions that store and provide ready "start-up" power requred by lifts, fans and pumps, delivering saving on elecricity bills. Nexus installed such a unit and enjoys ongoing savings as a result.
A 75 KVAr Power Factor Correction (PFC) unit was installed to correct the load. This resulted in a power factor of approximately 0.99 - this is really good!
Daily demand reduced by approximately 25%, with an immediate reduction in electricity costs of approximately $2,000 per year
Payback: 24 months
This is but one of several initiatives undertaken by Nexus over a 12-month period.